If you are not drinking tea, you could be missing a lot of health benefits that you can’t get from anywhere else. Tea has awesome effects on your health and avoiding a cup of tea in the morning or in the course of the day is something that shouldn’t be near your thoughts. However, you should be careful to ensure that you are drinking real tea which is derived from Camellia sinensis. The four varieties of teas that you should make a point of drinking are green, white, oolong and black tea. Technically, anything else is technically not tea and might deny you an opportunity of enjoying incredible health benefits such as:
If you feel like having a snack which also serves as a good phenomenal health food, pumpkin seeds are what you should think about. It is now confirmed that pumpkin seeds come with lots of nutrients including manganese, magnesium, protein, copper and even zinc. There is no doubt that pumpkin seeds are a true nutritional powerhouse. Research has shown that pumpkin seeds contain lots of essential plant compounds referred to as phytosterols as well as free radical antioxidants that can give your health a boost. Here is a look at the top health benefits of pumpkin seeds that you should know about:
Anti- inflammatory benefits
One of the main benefits that come with pumpkin seeds is their incredible anti- inflammatory effects. In fact, studies have shown that the anti-inflammatory properties of pumpkin seeds are just as effective as well know anti-inflammatory drugs and can be used for treating arthritis without any undesirable side effects.
Natural garden pest control comes with a wide range of benefits and there are so many reasons why you should try it. Besides being an inexpensive way of keeping pests out of your farm, it is much safer to the environment, your garden, you and your family. And besides, some of the natural methods used to control pests are even much more effective than applying pesticides not to mention the serious risks that these pesticides have on your health and the environment at large.
Switching to natural ways of cleaning your home not only reduces chemical exposure but can also go a long way towards helping you save time and money. Natural cleaning can be quite a fun and enjoyable thing to do, and you will be amazed to know that there are so many ways of going natural than you would probably imagine. Unknowingly, to most people, there are many household items and ingredients that can be used for cleaning your home just in case you decide to go natural as highlighted here below:
Natural cleaners to use
You can create most places of your home using natural cleaners and some of them even double up as deodorizers and disinfectants. Some of most common and easily available natural cleaners include vinegar, which can be used for cleaning the bathroom i.e. the bathtub, sink, countertops and toilets, kitchen and the laundry room. Another natural cleaner is lemon juice that can be used for cleaning and shining copper and brass. Then there is baking soda that is very effective when used for scrubbing surfaces just like most of the commercial non-abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is in fact a very versatile cleaner and it is also a great deodorizer as well.
There is this misconception that fire pits are only beneficial to those people whose life revolves around entertainment and those that throwing parties is the order of life. However, this is not true as the ambiance that comes with a fire pit is something that is surely worthy the investment. A fire pit is an enjoyable and excellent addition to any kind of exterior landscape. Besides transforming a home’s exterior in an amazing way, they offer a wide range of benefits, come in many styles to pick from and are of differing prices. Here is a look at the top fire pit benefits that you should surely not be missing out on:
When the term living off the grid is mentioned, what comes in most people’s mind is sleeping in their cars and possibly camping for a while. However, there is more to live off the grid than this as it involves undertaking an ultimate consciousness change. It’s that desire of having what you need only and not taking from the land. It is about thriving in raw conditions where you eat straight from the garden, keeping in mind that you are the one tending to the garden. While it might not be easy to live off the grid, especially in modern, it is nevertheless possible and the whole idea is very attractive. Living off the grid is a self- sufficiency idea and besides saving you a lot of money, it comes with a plethora of many health benefits.
Growing of chickens is perhaps one of the first agricultural ventures that anybody who has his own home can engage in. But, another thing is that you cannot grow chickens if you do not have the space to do so. You also need some level of expertise in the field for you to be successful. Though the reasons why different people grow these chickens vary, nobody has ever doubted the great advantages that abound in growing chickens. When you look at those little fine things making noise at the back of your house, you might be looking at the meat they will give you in the near future or you might even have your mind focused only on the great eggs that will taste like no other, which will be coming your way soon. But you do not know that there is an avalanche of other advantages that will be derived from those little creatures looking at you and running around. The truth is that there are numerous reasons to grow chickens. Some who are simply in love with chickens might be growing them for the love of doing this, without knowing the other good reasons for this.
1. The first and most agriculturally correct reason to grow chickens is that the eggs you get from the chickens grown in your back yard are obviously more nutritious than what you buy from the market. The fact here is that the chickens that have enough space to run around and feed on varieties of foods instead of only the chicken feed produce better vitamin E and omega 3 fats.
2. The next reason is that when you grow chickens in your backyard, you are going to have eggs that also taste better. They are not only more nutritious than what you get from the chicken farms, they are also tastier and this you will notice on your own when you eat them. The fact available says that the kind of flavor you get from this can never be compared with what you get from eggs that are bought from stores.
3. Another great advantage or reason to grow chickens is the fun of it. There is a huge fun involved in the gathering of eggs. Yes, this is one thing your kids and even your husband will enjoy doing in the morning. You will have a great feeling when you are the person to gather the eggs on your own. It is a treasure for the kids whenever they search for the egg boxes to gather eggs.
4. Another great reason to grow your own chickens is what the eggs will do in your home. Yes, have you not noticed that
it is very rare for you to come across kids who do not eat eggs? Most of the kids are in love with eggs. When you have your own backyard chickens, you have the leverage of just running in and preparing your kid some eggs when he or she does not feel like eating anything else. Many of them will eat this without getting tired of it, plus it is good for their growth.
5. Another reason why you must try raising chickens today is because they are very easy to keep and grow. Yes, have you considered keeping pigs or cattle? You will discover that you will have double the stress of keeping chickens if you try any of these. You do not worry about a lot of things when you keep chickens. They are strong and highly adaptive livestock. They also do great when they are kept in groups and not one on an environment.
6. One thing the world is loosing fast is the issue of being attuned to nature. There are some kids that live their whole life without having contacts with animals, and thereby not knowing what nature is all about. One even asked whether these meats are produced. This is bad. When you have your background chickens, you educate your children on livestock and animals, and even how to prepare the meat when it is time to kill them for the meals. A documentary was online last year where an African woman who went home for one of the festivals where they kill and eat chickens was trying to educate people from her community in Canada on the real methods of handling these, and majority of the kids who have never seen this were all amazed at what she was doing.
7. Another reason is that you don’t have anything to do with meat scarcity in the market. In as much as you can get some meat from the market for the sake of variety and balanced diet, you can always supply your own means when it is necessary. This is perhaps one of the greatest reasons to grow chickens.
8. It also helps you to be in control of the type of food you eat. Since you have the supply within your household, you can now choose whether to go cruelty-free, non-GMO or organic.
9. The next reason why everybody must grow chickens is because of what they will help you do at home. Those table scraps and food wastes that you find very difficult to dispose and recycle are things you do not worry about if you have chickens. They will take care of all these and in turn produce eggs for you. Can you beat this? The environment is done a great good by this, and you also save a lot of money that would have gone to waste removal and management.
10. Another great reason why many people grow chickens is because they also serve as pest control animals. Have you not noticed that all the protein packed insects are food for the chickens? So, if you have been having problems of organic pests, you have your chickens as the ones to do the cleanup for you. You will be surprised to notice in no distant time that you will have a pest free home with the chickens around. Do you have little weeds around? Your chickens will also deal with these.